Sunday, April 29, 2012

You're the one that I think about all daaaay

I wrote this blog entry a long time ago. I was going through my draft folder and was like, whoa, I should upload this. And with the wedding fastly approaching, it makes sense. I'm not going to reveal as much as I did like Locks situation but hey, here's some of me and Officer's background :)

I'm pretty open about my background. I gave you a glimpse of my early "love" life with Locks here, part 2 and finally part 3. I write about my past not to gain sympathy but to build a basis for some of the opinions I might express on this blog.

Officer is the biggest support system I have in my life. I honestly don't have parental figures that give me advice, check up on me or anything like that so I often bounce my ideas off of Officer. But how did we get so  close? Let me begin....



Officer and I probably met as kids without even realizing it. Our elementary schools were close, and our families lived on the same part of town. In 1998 we both ended up at the same high school. Officer and I both wanted to join the military (don't ask) so we signed up with the JRROTC Airforce at our high school. Our first conversation was at a meeting for the JRROTC with our parents. We talked briefly and that was it. It wasn't until the 12th grade, 3 years later, that we started "talking."

I was walking around the cafeteria and saw Officer. I recognized him immediately. We both wondered how we didn't meet back up after being in similar activities and the fact that our school wasn't even that big. I enjoyed his company and then asked him for money. Shut up. This would become the routine everyday. Officer and I would talk, I asked for money. Soon we would have walks in the quad, our school had a large open area outside the cafeteria, and I started liking him. This went on for months. We never had any conversations about becoming boyfriend and girlfriend, so I wasn't even sure if he liked me like that. But soon that would change.

One day at lunch, I told Officer I had a dream that we were meant to be together. He was surprised but didn't say anything. I felt awkward so I didn't press the issue. Later that afternoon I met Officer before he went on the field for football practice. He still hadn't said anything about my confession and I wondered if I was being too forward. As he was running out, I yelled, "Will you be my boyfriend?" He said, "Yeah" with a smile and we've been together ever since.

And butterflies swirled all around, birds chirped and I skipped across some meadows? Nope. From the very beginning our relationships was challenging. I was put out my house soon after that for the second time. I had been allowed back after the mess with Locks. This time however I leaned on some of my family members for help. My cousin felt bad for me and moved me in with her and her family. She was married with 4 kids. I was barely there though because in addition to going to school, I worked full time 4-12pm, Mon-Fri. But even with me just using the house to sleep and occasionally eat, I was crowding the house. My cousin gave me a nice little speech about everything having a season and I was out.

Even through all of that Officer was forever Team Tierra. Eventually in 12th, I found a boarding house (yes they exist) and settled into my forced adult life. After some weird encounters with a male neighbor, Officer begin staying the night and eventually moved in.


And we've been bumping it ever since. Short and sweet with all the crazy stuff edited out. Another time perhaps?





-Toodles




No comments:

Post a Comment