Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I know about love... Pt 2

You can read the first part here.

So there I was 17 years old walking away from my home towards someone I was sure was just using me. Locks took me back in and everything went back to normal. Because I wasn't working, I spent a lot of time in the library. Back then the internet wasn't popping as it is now so I just read books (I know). After a couple of visits at the library, I noticed a guy who seemed to keep the same hours as I did. I don't know if it was coincidence or he was deliberately trying to catch my attention, but it got us talking regularly. After a couple of weeks or so, he asked to take me out. Even though I was living with Locks, I didn't feel an attachment to him anymore especially after the porch incident. I guess I was using him now. I agreed to the Library boy's date and was psyched to go.

When library boy man (yes he was a man) said date I imagined food, movies, anything. First he took me to a music store. Library man played with some guitars, talked specs with the sales guy and then we were off. Okay, maybe we'll start the real date now, I thought. However, Library man had other plans. He drove me to his mother's daycare center (stop laughing). The daycare was operating out of a house so the upstairs was still set up like a family home. Once library man and I got upstairs, I noticed there was a man sitting in one of the rooms. Library man walked into the room and motioned for me to follow. I was leery but followed him anyway. Library man and this guy started talking and joking around. So they're friends, hmmm...  Then things got weird. Library man kept telling me to walk toward the door and come back over and over again. After the second time I realized him and his friends were checking me out. I asked to leave but he walked over and grabbed my butt. His friend was watching with intense interest. "How old are you?" Library man's friend asked. "17." "What?" Library man looked at the other guy and said, "It's time to go." I never told him my age but I always looked young so I don't know what Library man expected. Anyhow, I nearly fell down the stairs I was running to the car so fast. Looking back, I realize it was a set up. My naiveness almost got me into an ill-advised  threesome. I nearly fell down the stairs trying to get to the car.

Library man drove me to Locks house in silence. As we got closer to the house, I waited for an explanation that would never come. When the car pulled up to Locks' house I left all my what the fuckness in Library man's car. I never saw him again. But someone else saw Library man, Locks' sisters. Even though I never talked to them, his sister knew I stayed downstairs.

"I'm leaving. Thank you for everything and I will always love you." That was the gist of the note I left Locks. I placed the note under his pillow. This was a week after the Library man mess. I had had enough. I found out that Locks was still seeing his supposedly former girlfriend and everyone in the house knew expect me. School was starting in a month and I figured I could find somewhere to hang until then. I left Locks' house with my little bag of clothes and that was it.

But it wasn't. I was 17 and came from a very sheltered house. I had few friends. I stayed with this person and that person but after a week I had no other place to crash. One day I had spent a whole downtown and had no place for the night. I was desperate so I took the route to Locks' house. He never locked his back door so I just walked in. As I was getting settled in the basement, I heard someone whisper, It's her.

In less than a minute, Locks' three sisters were on me. His one sister was around my age but his other two were around 12-13 ish. I focused on fighting the older of the three while running to the door. I got to the alley with the older sister still punching me. "Stupid bitch!" She yelled before going back into the house.

My shirt was torn but I was ok. My shoulder was hurting and it wasn't until I got to a mirror later that I saw, someone had bit me. At the time I didn't know what prompted the fight. Later that week, I spoke with Locks. He kept asking me why did I steal his money. I had no idea what the hell he was talking about. He said he had his sisters jump me because I stole $40 and that he knew I was seeing other men. He said his sisters saw me with a man in front of the house. I ignored the cheating comment and keep pleading my innocence about the theft. He didn't believe me. He thought that my letter was proof of my guilt.

I was shocked. I've seen the money Locks' bought in from selling drugs. It was more than $40. His belief that I stole his money and him getting me jump ended everything between us. I moved on and tried to forget him until...


To Be Continued


-Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment