Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Is your spouse your best friend?




I love Officer <3 He's the father of my kids, provider for our family and.... my best friend. Are you shocked? Why? Shouldn't the person you spent the most time with be your best friend?

Webster dictionary says a best friend is..... Nothing. There's no entry for best friend lol.

Changing gears.... Officer and I have a lot in common. We love football Go Ravens!, going out to eat, trying new things, traveling, video games etc etc. You see why he's more than just a friend? *Biz Marke beat box*

Just because we're best friends doesn't mean that we don't have friends outside our union. Officer and I have decent social lives. I have friends who I consider close and so does he. 

So having a mate that's also your best friend is a 2-fer. Hooray to having a life time companion :)


-Toodles







2 comments:

  1. You should feel blessed to have that kind of relationship! Even when I thought I loved my ex-wife, I didn't really LIKE her...and since I've been on my own, well...let's just say finding a best friend and a compatible lover in the same person ain't that easy...be thankful you have someone to come home to that is glad that you are there, and vice versa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too married my best friend. We will have been married for 16 years tomorrow. Its great because no matter what, she and I are always able to talk, laugh and enjoy each other's company.

    ReplyDelete