Friday, September 23, 2011

Turning down jobs, where they do that at?

I'm unemployed, or I ain't got no job man! in the words of the wise Martin Payne. So why did I turn down the opportunity to work for a bank today? Believe it or not, I had good reason (I always think I make the best choices...).

Bank hours are typically 9 am- 5 Mon-Thur or 6 on Fridays. Saturdays vary. I was totally fine with the hours and the schedule. However, Lady J would have to attend daycare. Parents know the price of daycare is NO joke. I called around and for Lady J to attend M-F, it would cost around $125-200/week. *collapses* Did I mention the bank position was part time? If I took the job, I would be basically just paying for Lady J to attend daycare. D'oh. There would some money left over but nothing to handle any bills. Back to square one...

Tomorrow I'm working for a day laborer company. $100 for 6 hrs of work. I'll take it. Something is better than nothing at this point.



-Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment