Wednesday, May 9, 2012

To Cry or Not to Cry: Wedding edition

I've been asked this question more and more as my wedding date gets closer.

"Do you think you will cry when you get married?"



At first I would answer with, No....



I mean I've known Officer forever, I've smelt his morning breath, pushed him off his back when he snored... so miss me with all the sentimentals dude. But as the frequency of the question grew, I begun to really think about it. 

Disclosure: When I was younger (teenage yrs), I never cried. Like ever. I was going through a lot of stuff in my life and withholding tears was a way to fool my psyche into thinking everything was cool. As a result to remaining ice cold all the time, I had occasionally moments of adult temper tantrums. Yes, stomping and all. Yes, I'm embarrassed, let's move on. It was only after I became stable in life (with Officer of course) that I started crying. It sounds silly but #truestory.


YO SHORTY, WHAT DIS GOT TO DO WIT YOU CRYING 'ATCHA WEDDING?


*ahem* Well, I think... I will might cry? Not because of Officer though. I love him to pieces, I do (ha!) but no. I really think...

... the flow gates will flow once I see my princesses standing, looking at me come down the aisle. Everything I do is for them, even this wedding. They wanted glitz and glamour and HONEY *snaps fingers* my girls are getting it.

I think... I'll tear up, i.e. boo hoo, when I think about how my biological mother read me like a textbook you needed for an exam, when I told her 4 years ago about possibly getting married at the courthouse.

"Tierra, that's so tacky. No."

What finally might get my tear ducts moving is the thought that the people who should be there, my bio mother & father and my adopted dad, aren't there...

But, weddings are for celebrating with friends and family and believe me I will get my dougie on (I know #LateBus), which might produce more tears... of happiness.



-Toodles



No comments:

Post a Comment