Saturday, January 7, 2012

I don't need this, my man has 2 jobs!

The above title was in honor of Rochelle from Everybody Hates Chris.
Every job I've had in the cellular business was working for an indirect dealer. That means selling, let's say Verizon, a company's product but not being employed by them. Also, every company I was employed by, rented space within another company's store.
Confused? :) You can see how this set up can be a mess.
With my last company, the store we rented space from didn't care two cents what we did. We sold phones, made them money, they were happy.
But my current one? Hmph...
Today I was told I can't have my cellphone on the sales floor. I've never carried on phone conversations or openly texted while working here. So sir, your store is dry, we barely average two phones a week. You're giving me grief about occasionally texting? Oh.




What in the hell am I suppose to do here to break up this 9 hour shift? I can't use the computer, I can't sit down, and I can't use my phone.
Am I in prison? Can I live?
The thing is last night after deep reflection and another, "We went with another candidate" email, I decided to enroll in a medical trade school. I need a decent career and being a medical assistant seems like the move.
I'm still going to finish up my Mental Health degree but least I'll have my feet in the door at a hospital or medical setting.
This morning I came in energized. I just wanted to get through my shift and do research on my new career at home but the Debbie Downer at my job tried to ruin my day.
So instead of waiting, my 2 weeks notice is typed, printed and signed. It's on my desk ready to be faxed tonight. I'm at my limit.
-Toodles Job A
P.S. I do have a temp job lined up. I still need to make moolah. The wedding is in 5 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment