Friday, November 4, 2011

Smacked in the face pt 2

You can read the first part of the story here.


So... there I was, dressed for an interview that didn't happen. It was now 4:30 pm so I decided to stop by the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner. As I was shopping I saw a familiar face.


J_____. <-insert any J name


J was a guy I briefly worked with before leaving on maternity leave in '09. The same guy who later got fired for fraud and theft. And finally the very same guy I see over and over again at new store selling phones.


We performed the normal pleasantries and then I got hit with a bomb.


"Yeah, I'm doing fine. I'm working for corporate now."


What thee fudge?!


Here I am a good, honest salesperson that can't get a single interview with any wireless carrier and J has been employed with multiple. He seriously must be the best slick talker in the world.


I said Goodbye and race walked to checkout. I was barely to my car before I broke down crying.


What am I doing wrong? I don't understand. I revamped my resume time and time again. Officer told me that perhaps it's a sign to move on from sales. I guess it could be true but I've done it for long. It's part of me now and it's hard to just give up.


*shrugs*


-Toodles


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment