Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Smacked in the face

Yesterday afternoon I felt like the whole universe gave me a knuckle sandwich.

*Maury voice*

"And here's her story" *cues video*


I had a late interview yesterday scheduled at 4:15. It was for a position at a warehouse. I wasn't pressed for it but hey, I need a job. I arrived at the store, gave the front desk employee my name and waited.  She approaches me a couple minutes later.


"Tierra, who did you say called you for the interview?"


"Courtney."


"Courtney? She's not scheduled to work today."


O_O


She then picks up the phone and makes some calls. In my head I continue to cuss my luck. I overhear her conversation,"We're not hiring? Okay."


She walks over to me again.


"Ma'am, are you sure your interview isn't for another location?"


"Yes, I'm sure. I only applied for this store."


As she went back to the front desk, I strolled through my call log. I knew I still had the interviewer's phone number. I called and.... "Good Afternoon (different location) Warehouse, how can I help you?


O_O


I closed my cellphone and moonwalked out the door. I was mad at two people: myself and the manager at the other location. She never told me the location yesterday AND I never verified the location because I only applied to the store nearest my house.


So there I was, professionally dressed with nowhere to go....


To be continued....


-Toodles


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment