Saturday, October 22, 2011

It's Saturday! Hush!

I lived in an apartment for 7 years. Apartment living is a whole different beast. Like, the only interaction you had with your neighbors was a head nod before you half ran into your apartment. Now living in a town home for 1 going on 2 years, neighbor interaction is different. You have to greet them, put their garbage cans in their yard after they replaced yours last week, etc etc. It's hard work. But there's something else that home owners do differently than renters.

They take care of their dwellings!

Not saying renters don't care but you rent and maintenance comes with it. Sink clogged? Call maintenance. Toilet singing? Call maintenance.

For some reason, my neighbors LOVE their homes. Like today, Saturday, everyone is out cutting grass, fixing roofs, doing anything to make noise basically. I want to open my window and scream, It's Saturday, don't you have some news to watch? Kids to take out? Shopping to do? Can't that mowing/banging/trimming wait?

I'm just trying to sleep, web browse, blog, ignore kids over here, gosh.


They could at least wait until 12:30 when I leave out today :)


-Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment