Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Money....

Hey nobody! *crickets* No one has discovered my lil ol' blog yet so this is pretty much an open diary. I haven't written in awhile with school starting and all the busy work of taking care of 3 children and a dog. But one issue that remains front in center right now is MONEY and my lack of. Officer is working tons of overtime to keep the household a float. I feel so guilty about not pulling my share of the load. However, I have to be really selective about the jobs I apply to. I can't work shifts that start before 9 or end later than 9:30. I also have to make a certain hourly wage to be able to afford daycare for my 2 year old. Both of these components have to be met. With the job market as it is, my pickiness is further eliminating me from finding employment.



My lack of funds is not only effecting our day to day living but extra activities as well. Officer and I are in the middle of planning our wedding. We get married next June so we have a lot of expenses and people to pay. We're struggling to get the deposit to hold our venue and I haven't even looked at dresses or vendors. When we chose a date, I was working and Officer's overtime money was going to pay for everything. And now... *sigh*

But another reason I want to start working is pure vanity. I want to get plastic surgery. Badly.

Two weeks ago I went to a plastic surgery consultation. It was at a medical school which means the rates are lower because experienced students perform the surgery. At the top of the appointment I told the doctor I wanted a tummy tuck and breast lift. He did measurements and explained both surgeries. Because I want the procedures for my honeymoon, the doctor suggested I book the surgeries now so I can be healed by June. I also want to get them soon because I really want this doctor to perform them. He has been attending the school for 7 years and will be leaving in 8 months to get his own practice. His specialty is in body contouring and that's what I want! After the yes, yes, yeahs, I had a meeting with the finance department. The pricing was right but because it was a medical school, the whole payment must be made before they could book the appointment. So now I need $4000 lol.

More money, more money, more money....




-Toodles







No comments:

Post a Comment