Thursday, September 29, 2011

The fine arts

*puts pinkie finger up to mouth*

Hey yaaaaaaaaa! I'm in a better mood thank you very much. The kiddos are out of school today, I'm thrilled I promise you lol. But what to do on a weekday with three children and low low funds? The museum of course. (You didn't guess that? Shame on you!) I love being around art.

Once upon a time when I was a wee little lad... *coughs* When I was a little girl, I always was drawing. I drew on everything. Cereal boxes, test papers, anything. I just knew I was going to be an illustrator one day *sigh* But then I grew up and I had no time to sketch. I had to clean, do homework, go to work...

Stepping into a museum is like looking at some of my woulda, couldas. What if I had supportive parents that nurtured my love for drawing and making things? Obviously my work wouldn't have been in a museum just yet, but a gallery would have been enough :) My oldest daughter now has "The Juice" <---- Tupac reference She draws all the time. Has been since she was 4. And her talent is way above anything I was drawing at 8 years old. When I told her about going to the museum today, her eyes sparkled.

So Baltimoreans, if you're not doing anything today and need something pocket friendly, go to the museum. We have two nationally acclaimed museums, The Walter's Art Gallery and Baltimore Museum of Art. Pick one.

Baltimore Museum of Art

Walter's Art Gallery
                                 


-Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment