Thursday, August 18, 2011

Unemployed then 1 interview then 2...

I've been unemployed for 3 months. And it was kinda by choice. I have been a cell phone 3rd party representative for going on 6 years. I was employed with my last company 1 1/2 years, had my now 2 year old, and then went back to work for them 18 months later. Everything was great, the hours agreed with my home life, the money was awesome, and I loved my coworkers which meant something had to give, smh. My company rented space within a warehouse to sell cell phones to their members. This year said warehouse decided they could do our job better and didn't renew the contract. I still had a job with my company but everything was up in the air. No pay information was available, no store locations, nothing. I didn't like all the confusion so I resigned (fancy way to say I QUIT!). And now here we are in mid August and I ain't got no job man...

I couldn't apply for unemployment because my company supplied me with another job so I was stuck. Luckily, I'm not all alone. My fiance' picked up the slack and worked (and continues to work) over time in the most dangerous position besides drug slanging in Baltimore, a police officer. With all the crime and homicides *shudders*, there's an abundance of over time work. He works nights which means when he works overtime, my man doesn't come home until 3 pm and then gets up at 9 pm to work all over again. I hate, hate, hate that :(


Don't think I'm chilling at home eating cereal and watching Maury the whole time though. Well, sometimes I do... I'm careerbuilding, monstering, craiglisting, and every kind of job board searching you can do. But month 1 goes by, and then month 2.... and then August. And every time my man pays double car payment and insurance I feel like nothingness....

August 17, 3 pm:
Call from potential job.

August 18: 5:30 pm:
Call from potential job.

Job 1 is suppose to call to schedule a face to face interview. Job 2 is waiting for me to finish an assessment. I really want job 1 for the pay, perks, benefits, hell for the everything. Job 2 is a guaranteed back up. Beggars can't be choosers.

Now for the waiting game....

-Toodles


No comments:

Post a Comment