Saturday, January 14, 2012

I'm made of sugar, spice and everything SPITEFUL!

Me likey!
I use to be an accommodating person. I always wanted acceptance. It use to hurt me deeply when someone didn't appreciate the effort I put out or hit me with the What have you done for me lately? *Janet J. voice* I use to cry and rant to Officer about it and have him sigh, Why do you even care?

I cared because I'm human. You want to help others and have their help when you're in need. It also feels good to come to the aid of someone. However, rejection or plain ol' we don't give 2 fucks, has a bitter taste.

Something clicked in me after I experienced another similar incident. I realized, Hey I'm an adult and I can decide whether or not I want to end or continue this "abusive" relationship. I say abusive because I always felt victimized after. I began cutting ties with people and moving on with those who respected me.

The funny thing is after distancing myself, I realized I didn't really need them. I was doing good all by myself. *snaps*

You might want to applaud my actions but I also discovered a callousness as well. I currently go by the philosophy, Only do for those who do for you! Definitely not Christian-like, right? That motto was drafted for my heart. It's like a scab protecting an injury. I don't want to get hurt again in that spot. As self centered as that seems and IS, it's working for me. I never feel used anymore and I'm never doubting the intentions of the people I'm surrounding with.


Win Win Win An Office reference when it was funny..




-Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment